Thursday, April 7, 2011

following footsteps

A few months ago I started following a fantastic blog: Today's Letters.

The format and content of TL is short, funny, quirky, short, affectionate, positive, short...did I say short?
Well, in all seriousness, the way the authors use their blog to write short letters to each other has inspired me to celebrate life, marriage, family, friendship, and smaller things like music and food. Another bonus, I feel like I can write a blog in this style!

 It's been many moons since updating--partly because of how intimidating it is to update our lives in semi-interesting ways, partly because we've both been kind of depressed with life! BUT, I am going to try a new approach--thanks to Today's Letters.

I'm not quite sure what the plagiarizing rules are here, so maybe the Johnson's blog should be called something like..."From the desk of Mr. & Mrs. Johnson"


Dear Mr. Johnson, last night our ultimate frisbee team lost and you were disappointed, but I know that you are an ultimate stud. Dear Churches Looking for a Youth Pastor, you may or may not have gotten an e-mail from us last night--I know Mr. Johnson is a stud, but he is not too good to be true; I promise! Dear Marathon Cheerleading Section, thanks for all the encouragement you and you and you send me regularly! Dear Better Half, you let me take a nap last night while you made spaghetti dinner, and then were patient with me when I couldn't fall asleep because of that nap. In two words: thank you.


Sincerely, 
Mrs. Johnson

3 comments:

  1. Love it Christy! And you will be a Marathon Stud! I mean, if you want to be a stud... otherwise you might be a... stud-ett? Um... you're gonna be great, no matter what you're called!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job well done Christy! Huge accomplishment on the marathon! I went to Taylor with Emily....author of Today's Letters. She is as great in person as her blog makes her seem... Hope all is well for you and Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how this updated didn't show up on my Dashboard, but I'm extra glad that I saw it now! I love the new style and also you.

    ReplyDelete