Wednesday, April 27, 2011

one more week...ish!

Dear ACJ, even though the amount of dirty dishes and laundry we currently have kind of drives me crazy, it is so awesome that you are totally comfortable with it, because I have not had time to keep up with it. Strange, but I guess I am thankful (at least in this moment in time) that you are messy. Sort of? 


Dear World, it may be that all you hear me talk about these days is writing papers. Well, I'm sorry to say, that is almost all that I think about these days. Finishing up one this evening, and then there will only be five to go in this semester. What was I thinking taking an extra class? Credit hours correspond way more with actual work load in grad school than in undergrad. Who knew?! 


Dear Church-That-Will-Not-Be-Named, even though I haven't met you yet, and even though we are just coming for a visit, and at risk of sounding desperate: I just want to say thank you for giving us a chance this far. Mr.J is so fantastic, I just am excited (and hopeful) that you will see the same heart for the Lord, the Church, and your teenagers in him that attracted me to him in the first place. What a stud! 


Dear Artsy-Fartsy Friends, what is this pinterest you speak of? Can I join your fun in approximately 9 days? And seriously, what kind of person sends homemade chocolate "Easter-bunny-barf" across the country? An awesome one, of course!


Dear Better Half, I know I am a grouch right now, slightly stressed out. As you jokingly say "somebody has to love [me]" and I am so thankful it's YOU!


Loving always (at least trying),
Christy

2 comments:

  1. Dear Christy,
    I was just introduced to Pinterest and let me tell you, if you have papers to write DO NOT start pinning now. I just spent the better part of an hour and a half on the site! But, as soon as you're ready with free time - tell me and an invite is coming your way! (I'm also thankful for the Easter-bunny-barf(k?) that came my way from Mass.!) Praying your papers come together quickly and with great success and that the church-that-shall-not-be-named realizes that your wonderful Mr. Johnson is worth keeping around! :)
    Love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize that it's probably not traditional to name a snack barf, then encourage someone to eat it. "It seemed funny at the time..."

    And, I say "amen and hallelujah" to what Steph's comment. Don't join pinterest for another 9 days, and we're praying for the unnamed church:)!

    ReplyDelete