Dear Husband, it's been a special stage of life-- having the freedom to stay weeks at our parents' houses, meet up with friends all over the country, dream about ministry together, research different kinds of hypoallergenic dogs....what a blessing to be growing in friendship with each other!
Dear West Suburbs, Not going to lie--it's been a rough year. While I hope to never live in a place like this again, with miles of strip malls connected by four lane roads and fast food chains, you've taught me a lot. Discipline. Patience. Hope. Would I have grown in the same way if our circumstances were different? Maybe.
One of the Desert Fathers (I think it was Anthony) said, "Wherever you find yourself, do not leave easily."
Will I be happy to move on? Yes. But these past nine months have been deeply formative, and as I reflect on the triumphs and disappointments of them, it will not be easy to leave.
Dear NBA, Basketball is not my favorite spectator sport, but you are doing a great job of piquing my interest this season. Maybe a small part of me is interested because of my proximity to Chicago and serious Bulls fans, but either way, these conference championship series are acceptable substitutes for football.
Dear Best Friend, you are having a baby SO SOON! I am really excited about this and am praying praying praying for a healthy baby boy and healthy mommy! Can't wait to meet junior and celebrate with you! (note the excess of exclamation points--mucho excitement)
Dear Other Half, WOO-HOO!
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment