Hey All (two followers)!
The time is drawing near to our big move. We secured the basement apartment in Lombard and will move on Saturday, August 21. Our families are all willing and really excited to help us move, so that will help with a lot of the physical burden.
I just watched a documentary called "Sprawling From Grace" which is about urbanization and transportation. It had a lot to say about the importance of transportation and city-planning that includes thought for communal space and pedestrianism versus city-planning that focuses on moving as many cars as fast as possible. It will be nice to live in an area with a vibrant public transportation. Woot.
Andrew's job situation is our biggest concern. It would be so wonderful to get him into a healthy, vibrant and supportive ministry situation. In my humble opinion, he is quite something and has a lot of passion and love to offer a congregation...hopefully there is one out there looking for somebody like him! We're waiting to hear back from a few churches where he's sent in resumes, so it's a lot of waiting and trusting right now.
In other inconsequential news, I got my hair cut today and added bangs. I'm torn between trendy and low-maintenance, given my curly-frizzy mop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I enjoy being personally addressed as one of two followers. :) And I'm really thankful you have a blog and am looking forward to hopefully keeping up with you and Andrew after the move! You guys have become dear friends, know that we're praying for you in this major transition. And remember that God provides for those who trust HIM. (I know you know that.)
ReplyDelete